Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dinning Nook : Back to the Start and Thonet Chairs

Dear blogfriends,


So I ordered Bertoia chairs at Retrofurnish. They announced 10-18 weeks for the production but whatever.

This month I was beyond trilled to received these chairs... but had no news.
I contacted the firm and they were very sorry to inform me that the producer forgot to produce them.

So we have 3 options :
- wait 18 more weeks
- choose what they have in stock
- get refunded

I really don't know what to do...
I asked them what they have in stock to see if we like something. I am not sure I want to wait 18 more weeks.

And, in the meanwhile, I fell in love with the Thonet chairs...


Do you remember this house?



Credit : Lovely Life
There was also this pic from RUM mag :


And this über cool minty kitchen :
I love them. I think they have a lot of character, while being modern and unformal at the same time.

The good thing is that I spotted a few on craiglists and I think I could buy 6 chairs for the price of 1 reproduction of the Bertoia.

What do you think? Should I get refunded and go for the Thonet or stick with the first choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment